Saturday, May 29, 2010

A local ice cream vendor's truck heading north on Harlem Avenue. Morton Grove Illinois USA. May 2010.

A northbound ice cream vendor's truck on North Harlem Avenue. Morton Grove Illinois. May 2010.

Hi everyone!

Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page from the city of Chicago Illinois.

Once agin folks, It's that wonderful time of the year again here in the greater Chicagoland area....when the warm and sunny later part of the Springtime season is about to become Summer. I have always enjoyed the May to June transition period since I was a kid growing up in the city of Chicago Illinois.

One of My all time favorite memorys growing up during this time of the year, was the sound of the ice cream truck playing it's electronic music box as it came down the street I lived on in My old neighborhood. I loved the sound of the visiting ice cream truck, and of course My Parents DIDN'T! Ha ha ha.
Although I sometimes heard the word "No" from them, I can't help but laugh when I look back at it all.

I spotted this local ice cream truck in traffic at the intersection of Harlem and Shermer Road in north suburban Morton Grove Illinois, on My way back to work at the end of My lunch break recently in May of 2010.

After a long and cold Winter like we experienced in Chicago during early 2010, It was great seeing the happy memorys of Chicago's Summertime again in front of Me.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: