Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Oak Lawn Roller Rink on South Cicero Avenue. (Gone-Demolished.) OakLawn Illinois. May 1983.

Hello everyone!
This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Edie's Railfan Page.

Just recently, I located several of my old early 35 mm photographs I had began taking during the 1980's here in the greater Chicagoland area.

I have been an avid roller skater for many years, and a place that I used to skate at on Sunday nights occasionally, was the Oak Lawn Roller Rink on South Cicero Avenue near West 93rd Street in southwest suburban Oak Lawn Illinois.

The roller rink and a small printing company had shared the same building. Unfortunately...the place was sold by the mid 1990's, and the Oak Lawn Roller Rink was demolished, and would become a Saturn auto dealership. Darn! Sigh..oh well.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: