Thursday, May 29, 2014

1970's era American railroad covered hopper cars.

 
I took this photograph last week at the Oak Park Society of Model
Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club, located in west suburban
Oak Park Illinois.
 
I grew up in the city of Chicago Illinois during the 1960's and 70's era, and
this is the period I enjoy modeling in H.O Scale.
 
A Walter's Mainline series Burlington Northern Railroad 50 foot 'Airslide"
covered hopper, is viewed coupled to an orange Illinois Central Gulf 54
foot covered hopper, on a period freight train that I was operating.
 
I can't physically bring back the 1970's, but I can recreate it in miniature, and
make up for some of those "Missed" railfan photo opportunities from the days
before I ever owned my first camera when I was a teenager.
 
Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: