Thursday, May 31, 2007

The end of the line in Harvard Illinois USA. June 1996.

I took this photo one afternoon in Harvard Illinois USA, back in June of 1996. I was on
a one week vacation from My then STINGY -and very
CHEAP PAYING JOB, and unfortunately couldn't really afford to go anywhere on a vacation. I ended up settling for a local vacation instead, and discovered a few Chicagoland places
to visit.
One day, I bought a roundtrip ticket and took a ride on the Chicago & NorthWestern RR / Metra Northwest line, and spent a lovely afternoon in Harvard Illinois. Harvard is the west terminal on this line. The train I had just arrived on, had just cleared a track switch the conductor had thrown, and was now getting ready to back out of town and head southeast back to Chicago. It was a pleasant 3 hour visit to a rural, but yet upcoming community in northwest Mc.Henry County.
Harvard Illinois was a small farm town / mini city with many storefronts over 100 years old.

No comments: