Thursday, July 29, 2010

Historic Photo! Northbound Chicago Motor Coach Co 1940's era White transit bus picking up passengers on South Cicero Avenue. Chicago Illinois. 1946.

Correction!

The text on this photo posting for the Wednsday, July 27th, 2010 posting for Eddie's Railfan Page, was incorrectly described as a Chicago Motor Coach Company bus heading eastbound on West 63rd Street near South Central Avenue.

I was wrong. (Sorry.)

One of My readers wrote Me with a correct photo location along the east side of Midway Airport on South Cicero Avenue and west 61st Street. Although I am a southsider too, I misjudged the location Myself.

Thank You.

Eddie K.

1 comment:

Eddie K said...

I had the feeling that this may have been an old photo of a Chicago Surface Lines White bus, and not one from the Chicago Motor Coach Comapny.

A 1941 CSL White bus like this, is preserved today and operated occasionally at The Illinois Railway Museum in the town of Union Illinois.

Thanks.
Eddie K.