Monday, July 05, 2010

Saint Richard Catholic Parish annual summer carnival. Chicago Illinois. July 1983.

Saint Richard's Catholic Parish annual summer carnival. Chicago Illinois. July 1983.

I recently found some of My earlier 35mm photos I had taken during the 1980's.

In March of 1983, I purchased My first 35mm camera. Seen here from My first year of 35mm photography, was one of My early attempts at shooting night time photos.

A favorite summertime activity I enjoyed doing on the southwest side of Chicago during the 1980's, was hopping the CTA Route # 62 Archer Avenue bus, and heading off to a night of fun at Saint Richard's carnival at West 50th Street and South Kostner Avenue in Chicago's Archer Heights neighborhood near Midway Airport.

Local neighborhood residents are viewed ebjoying a summer night on the carnival midway way back in July of 1983.

No comments: