Friday, October 19, 2012

Eddie and Steve splashing it up on the Bumper Boat ride. FuntimeSquare. Alsip Illinois. May 1988.

Hi everyone!

This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

Just recently, I discovered several photographs that I had taken during the 1980's that were stored in cardboard boxes, and somehow had forgotten that I had these in my collection. Some I had forgotten that I had even taken back in the day!  Wow!  What a find!

A friend of mine took this photograph of Me and my buddy Steve having fun on the Bumper Boat ride, at a place known as Fun Time Square in south suburban Alsip Illinois.
( I am the guy with the black T shirt and blue sports sweat band.)

This photograph was taken on a hot afternoon back in late May of 1988.

I seem to recall that during the 1980's, sports sweatbands wear very popular amongst young people, after seeing those music videos from the 1980's rock and roll band "Dire Straights."I was 26 years old when this photograph was taken, and I was quiete thin and in top physical shape too. Nice!

Fun Time Square as I seem to recall, was or still is located along the east side of South Cicero Avenue, between West 115th Street and West 119th Street, just immediately south of the South Cicero Avenue overpass that passes over the adjacent Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad tracks.

It has been forever since I have had the chance to visit Alsip. Does anyone know if this place is even stil in buisness?

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: