Sunday, October 28, 2012

The intersection of West Cermak Road and South Home Avenue facing east. Berwyn Illinois. April 1988.

I took this photograph on a lovely springtime afternoon, way back in April of 1988.

The west suburban village of Berwyn Illinois, has always been one of my favorite outlying suburban towns to visit in the greater Chicagoland area.

I took this photograph facing east at the intersection of West Cermak Road and South Home Avenue. This was one of those "Random" snap shots that I would sometimes take just for the heck of it all. Man I am so glad that I did back then!

Much has changed here since I took this photograph. The local Chicago area chain of Color Tile stores had went out of business at some point during the 1980's, and the bowling alley across the street in the photograph, had burned to the ground approximately ten years later. Prior to 1983, the Popeyes Chicken fast food restaurant in the background, was originally the site of a Cock Robin ice cream drive in store.

I still enjoy visiting Berwyn today whenever possible.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: