Thursday, October 25, 2012

Richard J. Daley College and the original Ford City Shopping Center sign. Chicago Illinois. November 1988.

Hi everyone!

Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

I myself hail from the southwest side of Chicago, and just recently...several photographs that I had taken during the late 1980's had surfaced during a recent visit to my mother's home. Some of these had been in storage for so long, that I actually forgot that I had taken some of these. Wow!

This is one of those lost photographs from my own archives, and I recall taking this one during a November 1988 bicycle ride near the Ford City Shopping Center area near West 76th Street.

I was riding my 12 speed mountain bike, and stopped to capture this photograph looking north from the top of the Ford City Drive overpass bridge over South Pulaski Road.

Seen here in the photograph, are Chicago's Richard J. Daley College, and the original roadside Ford City sign, located on the west side of South Pulaski Road at West 76th Street. The Ford City Shopping Center indoor mall itself was being remodeled at the time of this photograph, and the original Ford City sign shown here, was actually removed shortly after I had taken this photograph.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: