Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Newspaper article detailing the history of the Jakter hotel in Chicago. 1983.

Due to the popularity of yesterdays posting about the Jakter Hotel in Chicago's Elsdon neighborhood, I have decided to contribute this news article from 1983, and another photo of the demolition of the site. I had clipped out and saved this important and historic article, that had appeared in the local Brighton Park and Mc Kinley Park Life newspaper. As I was researching My own archives, I had come across this article, and thought that it would help answer any questions that the interested readers on My blog site have been asking about. I hope that this is helpfull and informative.

2 comments:

Tom Gill said...

Yup, this answers them all! I didn't know it was converted from an AT&T switching office.

Cool. I think it was a rather handsome building.

Anonymous said...

Awesome find. Never knew any of that. Fantastic local history.