Friday, January 09, 2015

The former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad's "I.N-ex Illinois Northern Railroad" branch line local freight train in H.O Scale. Photographed at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club. Oak Park Illinois. January 2015.

 
I grew up on the near southwest side of Chicago, in the city's
Little Village neighborhood from 1962 until 1990.
 
A train that I grew up with and fondly rememeber, was the -
slow moving Monday thru Friday Santa Fe ex Illinois Northern
Railroad (Acquired in 1972.) industrial branch line switching
local. This freight train operated out of the Santa Fe's Corwith
Yard, and served the once many industrial spur sidings in
Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.
 
My train shown here being pulled by an Athearn Santa Fe
round cab EMD CF 7, is a facsimile representation of how
this train looked like during the mid 1980's.
 
The BNSF Railway has since abandoned the Santa Fe
I.N branch line. The track and crossing signals have
all since been removed today.
 
I occasionally operate an H.O Scale version of my old
neighborhood freight train I grew up with in Chicago,
at the model railroad club today.
 
Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: