Friday, December 11, 2015

Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park. A rare view inside the park, after it had closed for good. October 8th, 2009.

 
I was passing by the site of the recently closed Kiddieland
Amusement Park in Melrose Park Illinois during my -
lunch break at a previous job I worked at , and was able to
obtain this rare inside the park photograph, thanks to the
kind courtesy of a park maintenance worker who I flagged
down, when I spotted that the south gate was open.
 
Kiddieland operated here at this site, from 1929 until 2009. It
was the last of it's kind of seasonal family owned amusement
parks from Chicago's past, and had closed for good on Sunday,
September 27th, 2009.
 
This is how the place looked, before the rides were soon
to be auctioned off, and the pplace demolished in 2010.

No comments: