Friday, July 29, 2016

My fellow bus driving buddy Wayne. Evanston Illinois, Circa 2012.

 
Hi everyone! This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here
at Eddie's Railfan Page. I am a bus operator by trade, and I had
started my career as a bus driver in 2008, working in paratransit
ADA handicapped service, driving mini buses in Chicago's north
and northwest suburbs. I did this for 6 and a half years.
 
Seen here standing next to this gray MV Transport Ford mini bus,
is an old friend of mine named Wayne. We worked together for
a few years at the now closed First Transit / North Cook garage in
north suburban Glenview Illinois. Wayne and I, were always
swapping stories and having a good laugh or two at work.
 
After a few years, Wayne decided to work for MV Transport. I
would occasionally spot him at a handicapped passenger pick up
site or two, like a special needs school or workshop, or even
stopping for a coffee at a local Mc Donald's fast food place.
 
I am now working at my 3rd bus job , and I still think about
the great people I worked with at one time like Wayne, and
several fellow drivers and staff members in years past.
 
Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: