Friday, October 24, 2014

A 1960's era Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe freight train rolls by.

   

                              I took this photograph at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,
                              H.O Scale Model Railroad Club in Oak Park Illinois a few years ago.

                             One of my favorite railroads I remember when I was growing up in -
                             Chicago, was the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad. I -
                             mostly model the Santa Fe's freight trains from the 1960's and 70's
                             era, but recently began including some early 1980's era ATSF as well.

                             In this photograph, My Athearn EMD GP 35 painted in the Santa Fe's
                             1960's era "Dress Blue" or "Book Ends" color scheme used from 1960
                             until 1972, pulls a string of 1960's era period freight cars, circa 1968.

                                                              Thanks.
                                                            Eddie K.

No comments: