Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Me and my brand new Walther's Mainline Series, H.O Scale "Chessie System" EMD SW 1 diesel switcher.

 
Hi Everyone! This is Eddie K, Your host and photographer
here at Eddie's Railfan Page.
 
I grew up on the near southwest side of Chicago during the
1970's, and have many fond memories of some of the now
fallen flag railroads of the past, I witnessed first hand back
in those days.
 
I fondly remember seeing these old Chessie System EMD SW 1
switchers at work, on the southside of Chicago during the 1970's
and perhaps early 1980's. They did everything from switch the
yards, pull local switching freight assignments, and even pull
transfer trains and locals through Brighton Junction.
 
My Athearn Chessie System northeastern style cupola caboose
that I bought a year ago, now finally has a fitting matching
locomotive to pull it, when I run 1970's era freight trains
at the model railroad club.
 
Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: