Thursday, October 08, 2015

Grand Trunk Western Railroad EMD SW 1200 diesel switcher locomotive # 1518. Photographed at the GTW Elsdon Yard. Chicago Illinois. October 29th, 1977. J.R Quin photograph.

 
I found this photograph from the now long gone Grand Trunk
Western Railroad / Elsdon Yard facility at my Link page
Fallen Flags.Org, which is located to the right of your
computer screen at www.rr-fallenflags.org
 
This photograph is very special and very dear to my heart, as
I was attending my freshman year semester at nearby Curie
High School just a half a mile west of here, at the time that
this photograph was taken by J.R Quin back in 1977.
 
I was beginning to explore the GTW Elsdon Yard on occasion,
and it was one of my favorite railfan haunts, in the days before
I owned my first camera. Sadly, the GTW closed Elsdon
Yard in October of 1983. However...I did take photographs
here during the final week of operation in 1983.

No comments: