Thursday, October 22, 2015

Three Dog Night - Mama told me not to come 1970. In loving memory of Corey Wells. 1941 -2015.



One of my all time favorite music groups I had grown up listening
to when I was a kid growing up in Chicago during the 1960's and 70's,
was the vocal music group from Los Angeles California known as
Three Dog Night.

I was a big fan of Three Dog Night from the "Get Go" if you know what
mean. I was only 7 going on 8 years of age, when I first heard their big
hit single "Celebrate". I was hooked on this group after hearing that song!

Three Dog Night spanned the carts from 1968 until 1975. Eventually, after
several attempts at recording new albums and songs, the group eventually
reunited  and toured doing pretty much rock and roll music oldies concerts.

Sadly, we lost lead vocalist Corey Wells yesterday, at the age of 74. His
raspy and soulful voice, always inspired me.

Rest in peace Corey. I loved you and your friends at Three Dog Night.
You guys were always an inspiration for me either on or off the charts.

Thank You for some really great music when I was growing up.

Eddie K.

No comments: