Friday, June 30, 2006

Chicago Fire Department ladder truck #52 racing to an emergency call. March 1985.

I did not own My first car until Febuary of 1991. In My early days of photographing trains and buses, many times I either "Took the bus" or used My Bicycle to go on location to shoot photographs around the Chicago area in the 80's.
I was waiting for a westbound CTA Rt # 62 Archer / Harlem Avenue bus, when I heard the approaching siren of a Chicago Fire Department truck responding to an emergency call on Chicago's southwest side. This "Panned" photograph of a fire engine at speed was taken from the northeast corner of Archer and Kedzie Avenue's on the southwest side of Chicago. This neighborhood community is known as "Brighton Park", and this is a very busy intersection.

1 comment:

Tom Gill said...

Nice panned shot Eddie - that's not always easy to do.

That's the older style ladder from Company 52 on Archer and Sacramento - the same fire station used in the movie "Backdraft".