Thursday, June 01, 2006

Welcome to Eddie's Railfan Page!

Hello Railfans!
Welcome to Eddie's Railfan Page. Here I am, your host and photographer celebrating My 44th Birthday in March of 2006 at My fiancee's house.
In todays edition of My blog site, We will view some photographs of Contemporary Chicago Railroading from the Spring of 2006. Many things have come and gone from Chicago railroading since I began taking photographs back in the early 1980's. There have been many Mergers -Abandonments -Equipment changes -GPS technology, and last run train excursions. I was photographing until around 1993, took a break for about 5 years (except for museum photos) and started making a gradual "Comeback"
around 1998. The opening of the Kenosha Wisconsin Streetcar system and several "Last Run" GMC Fishbowl bus excursions in Milwaukee Wisconsin in 2000 got Me shooting film again.
Here is some of "Todays" railroading in the city of Chicago Illinois. Welcome Aboard.

Thank You.
Eddie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Eddie said...

Hello everybody.
This is for all My "Anonymous" new friends here at Eddie's Railfan Page.
I love hearing from Transportation enthusiasts and "Non" alike. Thank You for logging on to My railfan blog page from Chicago Illinois USA.
Please don't be shy. I enjoy seeing "Names" occasionally. Everybody is welcome here. Open house for all! Welcome aboard.

Thank You.
Eddie from Chicago.

Edward Kwiatkowski.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Eddie,

I had a hard time deciding which page to jump aboard with a comment, so I chose your Welcome page in the hopes you'd see this.

Your site is extremely interesting and mirrors so many of my own interests as a native SW Sider and lifelong railfan. I really enjoy your photos and detailed descriptions of the Illinois Northern, the GTW at old Elsdon Yard, and others. I find your level of detail to be very accurate (at least on the topics I know most about). You seem to be very industrious since you "comeback" in '98. It's definitely not easy as we get older and have more work and family responsibilities.

Drop me a line, maybe we could hit the tracks together sometime. I live near Midway currently and covered Elmwood Park and other nearby communites all through the '90s as a staff photographer with Pioneer Press (the Elm Leaves). You certainly are no stranger to geting around the Chicagoland area and neither am I. Let's talk guitar, too.

Good luck in all your pursuits.

anthony_caciopo@hotmail.com