Wednesday, September 13, 2006

CTA Route # 52 Kedzie-California bus terminal. West 63rd place and South Kedzie Avenue. July 1985.

This is one of My all time personal favorite Chicago bus photographs. I took this photograph in July of the year 1985. An old Mid 1960's era Flxible transit coach seen in it's last year of Service, is getting ready to leave the south turnaround terminal for the Route # 52 Kedzie - California bus line. This line was served by Electric Streetcars from 1906 to 1954, and Electric Trolleybuses from 1955 to 1969.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie,great pictures all of them bring back memories.I was wondering if you had more photos of the GTW roundhouse 49th&Kedzie.The big tank w/ staircase wapped around.Good times

Eddie said...

Hi.
Yes I do have more photos of the old GTW Roundhouse. I have some nice backside views that I had taken during the last wek of operation in October of 1983. I also have a fiew views after the abandonment too.

Thank You.
Eddie.