Thursday, September 14, 2006

GTW Elsdon roundhouse. Chicago Illinois USA. October 1983.

Hello everyone!
Welcome to Eddie's Railfan Page.
After recieving numerous response comments and E-mails from fellow Chicago southsiders who also have happy memories of the GTW Elsdon yard and roundhouse, I have decided to do todays posting by "Request" for all the readers and supporters of My blog site. Thank You. The old 1914 built railroad roundhouse was located at West 49th Street and South Kedzie Avenue. This area was known as the "Elsdon" neighborhood community on Chicago's southwest side. I attended high school from 1977 to 1981 at nearby Curie High School at the intersection of Archer Avenue and Pulaski Road. I hung out around here during My high school years, but didn't start taking photographs until 1979 when I was in a photo lab class. (They were poor quality black and white.) My real photos came in 1983.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a picture!WOW!seems like I was looking 4 snakes there yesterday