Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Northbound CSX Transportation freight train passing through Alsip Illinois USA. August 1990.

I took this transitional "Merger Era" photograph in Alsip Illinois during August of 1990. I was riding My Bicycle south on Kostner Avenue at the time. I heard the distant sound of an approaching freight train, The crossing signal activated, and I pulled over and reached for My camera. CSX Transportation is a merged conglomerate of several railroads -Chessie System -Seabord System -Family Lines -Louisville and Nashville -and the old former Baltimore and Ohio -Chesapeke and Ohio -and Western Maryland railroad companies. Notice trailing unit still in Chessie System markings. This fast freight train is speeding northbound on the Indianna Harbor Belt Railroads mainline. The CSX paint scheme was relatively "New" at the time of this summer photograph. Alsip Illinois was a favorite railfanning location for Me.

No comments: