Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nicky's at South Archer and Austin Avenues. ( Aka "Nicky's Gyyros") Chicago Illinois. March 2013.

Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

Growing up on the near southwest side of Chicago many years ago, occasionally brings back happy memories of some tasty and inexpensive local neighborhood eateries.

One of my personal favorites from back then that I am glad to see is still in business today, is this quaint little Greek owned neighborhood take out fast food stand known as "Nicky's".

With more than a few locations on the southwest side of Chicago, Nicky's is a place many people from the southside remember.

During my young days when I was unfortunately "Stuck" working for minimum wage, this place was a tasty and inexpensive option for me to enjoy on a tight budget on any given lunchtime visit.

Nicky's was always famous for their Grecian Gyros, as well as their "Big Baby" double cheeseburgers. I still enjoy an occasiona "Tamale Boat (Chilli and a tamale) here today whenever possible.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I used to go to their location on Kedzie by the McDonalds north of 59th St. They had the 3 hot dogs (threekotdogs) and fries for $1.69.

Another good place was Don's Drive-In on the south side of Nabisco hill. You don't have any photos of Don's, do you?