Thursday, October 03, 2013

Digital Live Sound Video: A 1970's era ICG train being pulled by aformer G,M & O engine.

I photographed this digital live sound video last night, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

I have fond memories of the many railroads that once served Chicago, and are now unfortunately long gone. One of my southside Chicago favorites, was the former Illinois Central Gulf.

Although I can not bring back the prototype ICG, I can recreate it in H.O Scale.

My 1970's era ICG train shown here, features a former Gulf, Mobile & Ohio Railroad red EMD model GP 38-2 roadswitcher acquired from the August 10th, 1972 merger, that wasn't repainted yet. The cars in tow like the blue Rock Island air slide covered hopper, makes this train represent a mid 1970's ICG freight train as they may have looked like.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: