Wednesday, November 05, 2014

A recent walk down memory lane for me. Chicago Illinois. Early November 2014.



                               Hi everyone!
                         
                              This is Eddie K, your host and photographer her at Eddie's Railfan Page.

                               I had the opportunity just a few days ago, to pass through an area of the
                               greater Chicagoland area that was very near and dear to me in years past,
                               and even better yet...I actually had my camera with me, and was able to
                               stop and take a few photographs to boot! Yeah!

                               I grew up on the southwest side of Chicago, and attended Curie High School
                               from 1977 until 1981. One activity I absolutely enjoyed doing during my 4
                               years of attending Curie High School, were my occasional morning walks -
                               through Chicago's Archer Heights neighborhood, and the neighboring Elsdon,
                               and West Elsdon neighborhoods just a few city blocks from the school, prior
                                to the start of my school day.

                               I always enjoyed a nice morning exercise walk, anytime of the year before
                               or even after my school day. I frequently took walks along South Harding
                               Avenue, West 51st Street, South Pulaski Road, and many of the pleasant
                               and residential streets that surrounded Curie High School.

                                I took this photograph at the residential intersection of West 54th Street,
                                and South Harding Avenue in Chicago's West Elsdon neighborhood, just
                                a few city blocks south of Curie High School. It brought back many happy -
                                memories of my refreshing morning or afternoon exercise walks through
                                here, during my high school years.

                                                           Thanks.
                                                               Eddie K.
 

No comments: