Thursday, August 31, 2006

Amtrak coach yard switcher. Chicago Illinois USA. May 2006.

Hello everybody!
Welcome to Eddie's Railfan Page.
I spent some time looking back and reflecting on the spring and summer of 2006, and what a great year for railfanning it was for Myself. I havn't spent this much time Railfanning or
"Gricing" on location since the 1980's! In febuary, Eddie's Railfan Page was born, Many photographs were finally put on Photo CD, and the rest is History. My friend Tom at My links page "Tom's Photos" played a major part in it.
Thank You Tom. That was wonderfull. I took this photograph after work one day just outside of downtown Chicago. These are the Amtrak and Metra coach servicing yards at Roosevelt Road and Canal Street. An inbound Metra train heading into Chicago Union Station passes an old Amtrak EMD SW Series diesel locomotive switcher servicing the Amtrak yard.

No comments: