Sunday, October 24, 2010

The old Cock Robin Ice Cream Shop. Brookfield Illinois. October 2007. (Closed.)





One place that brought Me many happy memories growing up in the greater Chicagoland area, was the old Cock Robin ice cream shop in west suburban Brookfield Illinois.

Many happy summertime memories took place here both with My family as a kid, and later years as a young adult whenever I had a taste for some good ice cream when I was in the area, I even took My Wife here when We were just dating and later engaged. This place even served hamburgers as well.

Unfortunately, this place closed for good in 2007. I believe that this may have beeen the last Cock Robin ice cream stand in operation, as there were once several of these around the greater Chicagoland area.

3 comments:

winslow said...

Do you also remember Prince Castle

Eddie said...

Yes I do.
I recall that there was one on the west side of South Harlem Avenue. It was approximately two city blocks south of Archer Avenue in the village of Summit Illinois.

It was on the south side of the property that housed the now long gone Candlelight Dinner Theatre.

I went there on and off for an occasional ice cream cone during the 1970's and 80's. I miss them.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

Karen said...

So sorry to see this closed. Loved their double cheeseburgers. Live in Idaho now and just thought I'd look it up. Ate at these chains since I was 8yrs old. (now 58)