Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Eddie K hosting the event entitled "Chicago Streetcar Memories" at TheNiles Historical Society and Museum. Niles Illinois USA. Sunday,October 24th, 2010.





Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page from the city of Chicago Illinois.

This past Sunday, I had the distinct honor and privelidge of hosting My biggest public photo slideshow event yet. Just recently, approximately a little less than two months ago....I was approached via the internet by a gentlemen named Michael A. Crisci who is an Administrative Aid at The Niles Historical Society and Museum.

Michael Crisci had discovered Me through My links page "Roger's Basement" to the right of Your computer screen, after I had sent an E-Mail posting on their community message board explaining why I hadn't written in nearly three years, and that I was now hosting public speaking / railfan photo slideshow events at some of the local suburban public librairies in the greater Chicagoland area.

The Niles Historical Society and Museum located at 8970 North Milwaukee Avenue in northwest suburban Niles Illinois, was actually looking for speakers and presenters for their upcoming programs.
Heck! I jumped at the opportunity in a heartbeat!

My show event entitled "Chicago Streetcar Memories", had brought out a good 35 to 40 people to the museum that afternoon. Many of them were Senior Chicagoans who actually rode the electric streetcars back in the day. They absolutely loved My musical photo slideshow set to authentic historical period music from -The Glen Miller Orchestra, Tommy Dorsey and Artie Shaw. I even tossed in a little Scott Joplin "Ragtime" piano selection and some Dixieland Jazz too.

The best part was hearing the many happy memories and actual "First Hand" accounts of how this was all like in Chicago many years ago.

At the end of the show, I recieved many handshakes and congratulations from the happy visiting guests, as well as a few "Yet to materialize" offers for doing more public speaking slideshow appearances in the near future.

I wish to extend a very special "Thank You" from the bottom of My heart, to Mr Michael A. Crisci and Marge Berles the museum's curator who helped make this wonderful event possible.

Thank You everyone!
This was absolutely great!

Eddie K.

No comments: