Friday, July 25, 2014

1970's era American railroading in H.O Scale. Photographed at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club. Oak Park Illinois. June 2014.

 
I grew up in Chicago during the 1970's, and now I fondly model
in miniature, some of the trains and railroads I had come to know
on the near southwest side of Chicago as I remember them back
then as I had seen them in daily operation.
 
In a scene right out of the 1970's, a 40 foot box car from the former
Penn Central Railroad and a modern wide vision caboose from the
former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad, are viewed bringing
up the rear of a typical 1970's era Santa Fe freight train in Chicago.
 
Photos and news stories from this local Chicago area model railroad club, can be found on Facebook at OPSME.

No comments: