Friday, July 11, 2014

A 1960's era Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad 40 foot box car in H.O Scale.

 
 
I am a big fan of modeling 1960's and 70's era American railroading
in H.O Scale. I was born in 1962, and grew up seeing the various -
railroads, equipment and color schemes from this period first hand
on the southwest side of Chicago, and other areas of the windy city.
 
Last week, I purchased this nice H.O Scale Kadee model of a standard
40 foot box car, painted in the 1960's style colors and markings of the -
former Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad. The Rock Island, was
a popular local railroad, that operated on the south side of Chicago, and
operated commuter trains between Chicago and Joliet Illinois. I just had
to have one of these cars to help capture the look and feel of 1960's and
70's era Chicago railroading as I somewhat remember it being back then.
 
Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: