Monday, December 08, 2014

Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad -General Electric U 28B diesel electric locomotive # 140. April 1968. Dave Gross photograph.

 
I found this historic late 1960's era railroad photograph, at my
Link page Fallen Flags.Org, which is located to the right of your
computer screen at www.rr-fallenflags.org
 
One of my all time favorite railroad color schemes I grew up with
in Chicago when I was a kid during the late 1960's and early 70's,
was the classic red and gray color scheme used by BNSF Railway
predecessor Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad. This color -
scheme was gradually phased out, in the wake of the March 2nd
1970 merger of the C,B & Q -The Great Northern -The Northern
Pacific and the Spokane, Portland & Seatle Railroads, that created
the Burlington Northern Railroad. (1970 -1996.)

No comments: