Monday, December 31, 2012

Vintage White jet fuel tanker trucks at Chicago's Midway Airport. Chicago Illinois. April 1990.

I took this photograph way back in April of 1990.

A popular brand of everyday commercial truck that was once very common on the city streets of Chicago for many years, were the ones manufactured by the White truck company.

I recall that during the 1960's. 70's and early 1980's...I used to see these classic trucks in Chicago almost on a daily basis.

I photographed these two classic White trucks, along the south Fence of Chicago's Midway Airport along West 63rd Street.

To the left is a White Compact Cabover, which I believe made their debut during the 1960's and were manufactured through most of the 1970's. The truck to the right, is a White 3000 Cabover, which were popular during the 1950's and possibly early 1960's era.

Although I originally took this photograph in color, it also looks very nice as a black and white scan, giving it a classic vintage look.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: