Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wintertime in Garden Homes Illinois. January 1990.

I took this photograph, way back in January of 1990.

During the mid to late 1980's, I made many trips to south suburban Alsip Illinois, and the very tiny neighboring comunity of Garden Homes Illinois. I did not own my first car yet, but I either arrived there via the Chicago ransit Authority Route # 52A / South Kedzie Avenue bus, or would ride my bicycle here during nice weather times.

This photograph was taken facing east on West 116th Street, just east of the intersection of South Pulaski Road near the Frosted Mug Drive In Restaurant. I always enjoyed walking and exploring Alsip and Garden Homes Illinois. It was a pleasant place to visit in Chicago's south suburbs back in the day.

January of 1990, was actually quite sunny and mild with temperatures ranging in the low 40's. There was little if any snow that January.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: