Monday, September 15, 2014

A privately owned late 1960's era International Harvester fire engine. North Riverside Illinois. Saturday, September 6th, 2014.

 
It is amazing what you might see firsthand when taking a walk.
 
My family and I, were visiting a local flea market at Commons
Park in North Riverside Illinois a few blocks to the north of here
along the east side of Des Plaines Avenue.
 
I was a little tired of the flea market myself, and decided to break
away and take an exercise walk through the neighborhood.
 
Seen here in the rear parking lot of the local Bar Tini Lounge, is
what appears to be a circa 1968 vintage International Harvester
loadstar fire engine truck. Although I found out that the owner of
the Bar Tini Lounge owns this classic old fire truck, his bar tender
informed me that the owner wasn't there today, and had no further
information at this time.
 
More than likely, this old fire engine will be restored and used
for local parades and various civic events.
 
Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: