Wednesday, July 26, 2006

CTA Blue Line station sign at Oak Park Avenue. Oak Park Illinois. July 2006.

This is the Chicago Transit Authority's Blue Line rapid transit station at Oak Park Avenue, and the I-290 Congress Expressway. I took this photograph in the Village of Oak Park Illinois USA, located in Chicago's Western Suburbs. Oak Park Avenue passes above the rapid transit line, and the I-290 Congress Expressway, also known as the Eisenhower Expressway. Passengers walk down an open air tunnel passageway to get to the rapid transit station platform. This is a quick way to go to downtown Chicago, or suburban Forest Park at the west terminal on Des Plaines Ave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested