Monday, July 17, 2006

Westbound Union Pacific freight train. Chicago Illinois. June 2006.

This photograph was taken on the "West Side" of the city of Chicago Illinois USA in June of 2006. This photo location is on West Kinzie Street, just west of North Pulaski Rd. I photographed this quick moving Union Pacific Railroad freight train at the end of My work day. I am employed as an "Outside Sales Rep" for a local soft drink bottling company, and I am blessed that I can railfan on location in many places around town, as many of My customers are near railroad lines. The diesel locomotives in the background, are being serviced at the Union Pacific M-19 Diesel Shop. This is an old "Steam Era" facility with a couple of surviving concrete "Coaling Towers" still on the property today. The modern diesel house here serves both Union Pacific, and Chicago's "Metra" Commuter locomotives. Prior to the merger of 1998, this facility originally belonged to the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»