Monday, July 31, 2006

Gary Public Transit Company bus. Gary Indianna. August 2004.

I took this photograph in downtown Gary Indianna USA in August of 2004. I was visiting a wonderful friend who appears in the links section to the right of your computer screen. I had spent the day with "Billee Blue" from "Billee Blue's Web Page", and was on a business call with him servicing pay telephones in Hammond and Gary Indianna.
My friend Billee is a local -Businessman -Karaoke Host -Entertainer -and Event promoter in Hammond Indianna, and most of all -A great friend to have. Heading south is what I believe to be a small Nova bus. Buses this size of 35 ft or less, are referred to by bus fans as "Baby Buses".
I had a camera handy this August day, and used the opportunity to photograph Indianna Buses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bus in question is a Optima Opus. As you know that the CTA bought 45 of these buses this year. And are used on routes around the Univ. of Chicago in Hyde Park.

What was easy to identify this bus was the curved windshield. So the front of the bus was the giveaway.