Friday, July 07, 2006

Using your own car as a photo prop. Hodgkins Illinois USA. May 2006.

I took this "Staged" photograph on My way home from work in May of 2006. I had decided to go and photograph some freight trains on the busy ex Santa Fe railroad mainline in Hodgkins Illinois, just south and west of Chicago Illinois USA. The railroad crossing on east 67th street, wich connects with "River Road" was already "Closed" to vechicle traffic, and was in the process of being phased out. A new Bypass road just west of here with an overpass bridge on east avenue was already in use. Too many previous train delays is proboubly why they did this. In the distance to the east, I spotted an approaching BNSF Railway light engine move. I then got out of My car, and used it as a prop in the photograph seen here. The crossing signals were already disconnected, and in the distance can be seen the temporary road baricades.

No comments: