Monday, December 03, 2012

Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Baldwin model A.S 16 diesel electric roadswitchers. Cincinnati Ohio. May 1968.



I found this wonderful and very historic photograph from the former Baltinore & Ohio Railroad at my link page Fallen Flags.Org, which is located to the right of your computer screen at www.rr-fallenflags.org

This posting is going out to one of my friends I met through my blogsite, my good friend, fellow railfan and former Chicagoan Dennis Madia, who resides today in Cincinnati Ohio.

Dennis? This one is for you buddy!

Railfan photographer Jim Parker, photographed these Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Baldwin model A.S 16 roadswitcher early diesel electric locomotives, at Cincinnati Ohio way back in May of 1968.

These locomotives, helped to speed up the demise of the steam locomotive on American railroads during the late 1940's and early 1950's era. Their builder which was the Baldwin Locomotive Works, was a first class builder of steam locomotives. Unfortunately...they were very less than sucessful as diesel locomotive builders, and had left the business by the mid 1950's.

No comments: