Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Doors. Roadhouse Blues. Dediacted in loving memory of The Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek. 1939 -2013.

Hi everyone! This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page. I was born in Chicago Illinois in the year of 1962, and grew up with several astounding rock and roll music acts in mainstream music on the radio and live television variety shows during the 1960's and 70's when I was growing up. One of my favorites from my own childhood, was a rock and roll band from Los angeles California known as "The Doors". The Doors had a short but yet powerful reign on the charts from 1967 to 1970, which came to an end when lead voacalist Jim Morrison died from a massive heart attack at age 27 on July 3rd, 1971. Just recently,The Doors keyboard player and music arranger Ray Manzarek passed away last month at the age of 74, after losing his 20 year battle with cancer. This video I discovered on You Tube, is in loving memory of Ray Manzarek and his musical genious. He will be greatly missed. Thanks. Eddie K.

2 comments:

Anthony C said...

In the St. Rita High School Hall of Fame, to boot!

Unknown said...

Hi Eddie. I just wanted to let you know that I reprinted your post on http://www.jimmorrisonproject.com/entry/2013/11/the-doors-roadhouse-blues-dedicated-in-loving-memory-of-the-doors-keyboardist-ray-manzarek-1939-2013