Monday, February 10, 2014

An H.O Scale model of an International Harvester Corp model R 190 conventional box truck from the 1950's and 60's era.

Uh oh, it looks like a local truck driver is getting a ticket today.

I took this pohotograph recently, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

A popular model of commercial truck I had grown up seeing daily in the city of Chicago during the 1960's and 70's, was the International Harvester Corporation's model R-190 Series Conventional.

These trucks could once be found most anywhere in Chicago. They did it all back then.

This photograph brought back some happy memories for me, as I lived down the street from a local Goldblatt's Department Store, and the company used these for deliveries in both tractor and trailer, and straight box truck varieties. They were a daily sight at the store's rear loading dock.

I seem to recall that Goldblatt's International Harvester R-190 conventionals, were painted in a dark blue color scheme with white Goldblatt's markings on the cab doors.

I only wish that I had my own camera back then even though I was just a kid, and took a few photographs of them back in the day.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: