Wednesday, May 21, 2014

An Athearn H.O Scale model of a 1960's era Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad 40 foot pulpwood flatcar.



I took this photograph recently,at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale
Model Railroad Club in Oak Park Illinois.

One of my favorite Chicago railroads from my own childhood I fondly remember, was the former
Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad. Although this railroad became the Burlington Northern
Railroad on March 2nd, 1970, when they had merged with the Great Northern, The Northern Pacific,
and the Spokane, Portland & Seatle railroads.

The C,B & Q introduced this bright red color scheme with white graphics in 1959. This color
scheme is one of my favorites I recall when I was a little boy during the 1960's, and also for
many years after the merger, as many rolled around in to the 1980's before ever reaching the paint shop.

No comments: