Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The New York Central Railroad's 1960's era black and white color scheme with the NYC corporate "Cigar Band" logo.

 Like many of my fellow Chicago area railfans, I have always been fascinated
by the former New York Central Railroad.

I was only 5 going on 6 years of age, when the New York Central and the Pennsylvania
railroads had merged, and became the Penn Central Railroad in January of 1968.

I spotted this model of a Lionel O27 gauge model of a New York central Alco s series
yard switcher diesel electric locomotive on the internet.

The New York Central introduced this color scheme and cigar band logo during the late
1950's. Several locomotives from the New York Central's own Chicago subsidiary railroad
Indiana Harbor Belt, rolled around in this color scheme in to the mid 1980's.

I have always enjoyed this particular New York Central color scheme.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: