Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The Three Karaoke Stooges at Mike O'Donnel's Pub. Franklin Park Illinois. Saturday, May 3rd, 2014.

 
This is what happens when three good friends who at some point or another
had hosted live amature karaoke singing shows, get together after a long absence.
 
To the left of the photograph is my now retired show hosting buddy Billee Blue,
who has since remarried, and moved to Branson Missouri. Behind me in the rear,
is another wonderful friend Billy Andrews / aka "The Wolfman", who happens
to be the Saturday night karaoke host at Mike O'Donnel's Pub. Me? Heck! I'm
the man in the black Chicago Blackhawks T shirt joining in the fun.
 
I used to host karaoke on an "On Again -Off Again" basis, mostly doing private
parties during the 1990's and early 2000's. I was an occasional "Guest Host"
for awhile at a local northside Chicago neighborhood tavern, when the club's
regular weekly K J couldn't make it to work some nights.
 
Billee Blue hails from Hammond Indiana, and for many years was a popular
local northwest Indiana and southside Chicago karaoke host and DJ.
 
Billy Andrews ,"The Wolfman"...is the regular Saturday night KJ at Mike
O 'Donnels in Franklin Park. He loves animals, primarily Wolves, which
is how he got that unique stagename, plus he jokingly likes to "Howl" like
a wolf, if someone picks a really fun song to sing.
 
The two Billys knew each other for many years, and have always been
really great friends. Billee Blue used to drop in and visit our buddy
the wolfman, when he either wasn't working, or just wanted to have
some musical fun after one of his own shows had ended.
 
Billee Blue surprised me last week with  a phone call, informing me that
him and his wife was in town on a visit. Before it was all said and done,
we all ended up having a long overdue reunion that night. It was great!
 
I consider myself privlidged to know both Billys, as they are a couple of really
nice guys to know as friends. They are always sharing a good laugh or two,
and both of these gentlemen were there for me when I was once down and out.
 
I hope you had a fun visit Billee. It was great to see you again. Wolfman?
All I can say to you is  "Ah-Rooooooooo!"
 
Thanks guys.
Eddie K.
 

1 comment:

Anthony C said...

Great post with good creative writing, Eddie, and a very nice tribute to your two friends!