Monday, May 01, 2006

Antique "Wig Wag" railroad crossing signal. Illinois Railway Museum.

Hello everyone!
Welcome to Eddie's Railfan Page. Today we are going to see some working mainline freight trains in action. These photographs were taken by me during the Mid 1980's, around the Chicagoland area, as well as a Vacation Surprise spotted traveling through the State of Nebraska in 1984.
The unique "Steam Era" railroad crossing pictured here is what is known as a "Wig Wag" signal, wich swings back and forth like a clock Pendulum.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

great post, extremely informative. I wonder why then the other technicians of this particular
sector will not notice this. You should continue your authoring.
I'm absolute sure, you've a giant readers' base already!
My web page > http://www.costablancaspain.us/sierra-de-espuna.html

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
I'm hoping to start my own website

soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like

Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there
that I'm totally confused .. Any recommendations? Appreciate it!
Here is my web blog jobsinspain.org