Friday, September 14, 2007

Chicago, Aurora & Elgin Railroad car # 316. The Relic Trolley Museum. South Elgin Illinois USA. August 1974.

This is one of the oldest railfan photographs in My own archives. My Sister Janine took this photo for Me in August of 1974. My Family went on a one day bus charter with the Omnibus Society of America to the relic trolley Museum in South Elgin Illinois, and the Illinois Railway Museum in Union Illinois. I was only 12 years old at the time, and wasn't a railfan photographer yet. Unfortunately, I don't come from a family of transportation enthusiast, and did not have a lot of photos taken on this excursion. ( I am in a class by Myself.) Our trip was a last run bus charter, of the Continental Air Transport companys 1950's era streamlined Flxible Flyer and Clipper model coaches. The Relic Trolley Museum has long since changed it's name to what is known as The Fox River trolley Museum today. It was a nice trip, I only wish I had more photos of the antique equipment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie,
#316 is being restored at present. It has been down the main line on several trips. It looks real nice now with more work to be done.
Maybe next year you can come out and see it.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling buddy.
People made fun of Me when
I was growing up, just for
being a fellow railfan.
Too bad! I love trains and
Your great blogsite too!