Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The original Snackville Junction restaurant on South Western Avenue near West 115th Street. Chicago Illinois USA. January 1976

Another of My family's "Rare old photos" was discovered on a recent visit to My Parents house.
I actually took this photo in early January of 1976, on the east side of Chicago's Mount Greenwood neighborhood. My Dada and Myself attempted to try going for a breakfast at the Snackville Junction restaurant on a Sunday morning. The neon sign in the window said "open", but unfortunately...the restaurant was actually closed with no Manager or Employees to be seen anywhere. Still, I ended up taking a rare old photograph at the age of 13. It was worth it.

2 comments:

Tom Gill said...

Hey I heard on the news that another family purchased Snackville Junction and is going to keep it open!

Eddie said...

There is another lunch counter diner restaurant in Chicagoland just like this on Lee street in downtown Des Plaines Illinois called "The Choo Choo".
A Lionel train brings Your meal to Your place at the counter, if You request the waitress to do so.

Thank You.
Eddie.