Friday, August 02, 2013

The Grand Trunk Western Elsdon Yard locomotive terminal. Chicago Illinois USA. October 1983.

I took this photograph way back in October of 1983.

Seen here is the Grand Trunk Western Railroad's own Elsdon Yard locomotive terminal just west of South Kedzie Avenue at West 49th Street, in Chicago's Elsdon neighborhood.

I was informed during my visit by GTW railroad crew members, that this was actually the final week of operation here, as Elsdon Yard was closing, and the GTW switching operations were being transfered to the Belt Railway of Chicago's Clearing Yard near Midway Airport.

Unfortunatly...I forgot to mark down the day and date of this photograph when I took it. If anyone knows what the date week of October in 1983 was that Elsdon had closed, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: