Thursday, August 22, 2013

B.J Thomas performing "Raindrops keep falling on my head" on the Ed Sullivan Show. 1970.



I found this old music video from 1970 on You Tube.

Like many Chicagoans during the 1960's and earlier, I grew up watching the
Ed Sullivan Show, which aired Sunday nights on CBS with my family.

Beginning in 1948, The Ed Sullivan Show which was originally entitled...
"The toast of the town", was one of the very first television shows, as this
was a new technology in the immediate years after World War 2 had ended.

American Top 40 / Country / pop singer -songwriter B.J Thomas, is viewed here
performing his big ( Sometimes "Overplayed" ) hit song from the recently released
movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" entitled "Raindrops keep falling on my head".

After a lengthy 22 year run on national television, 1970 was the final year of the popular
Ed Sullivan Show.

No comments: