Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The 1970's era orange and white Illinois Central color scheme. Introduced by the Illinois Central in 1967 to help modernize their image. Photographed at the Oak Park Society Of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club. Oak Park Illinois. May 2013.

One of my favorite railroad color schemes I enjoyed seeing when I was growing up in Chicago during the late 1960's and through out the 1970's, was the orange and white introduced on the Illinois Central Railroad's diesel locomotives in 1967, and utilized by the post 1972 succesor railroad Illinois Central Gulf.

These models were photographed at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club in Oak Park Illinois.

Just seeing these in miniature, brought back some happy memories for me when I was growing up on the near southwest side of Chicago back in the day.

No comments: